January 3, 2012

2012 - The Year of Change

 Photo by Ed Savage - NoWin Photography
Happy New Years everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far, because I know I am! For starters, I wanted to apologize with the lack of content. Granted, it is the off-season, but that doesn't mean I should be leaving everyone hanging without content. I only have some minor updates, but I can promise you that they will be sure to excite you.

Japan
For those of you who are unaware, I was invited by my sponsor, Kaizen Tuning, to attend a trip to Japan. I will be leaving the 11th of January and returning the 20th. Be sure to check back after that time for some pictures of Tokyo Auto Salon, and anything else I happen to come across. It is a trip I have been waiting for since before I even began to like cars!

Blog Layout
I've still been working on this when I've had the time. A clean, functional, yet sexy layout is something that is  not very easy to accomplish. This will include a change of the logo, color scheme,  and more. However, this may also mean moving from Blogger over to Wordpress. I haven't fully decided yet, but I can assure you that finding my material will be just as easy as it always has been.

New Writers
Since I have not had time recently due to focusing on other racing opportunities, I have decided to broaden the blog a little bit. Please welcome Francesco and Andrey.

Francesco is a good friend of mine who races on road courses and is planning to get his license to do NASA time attacks with his RX-8. We decided it made sense to combine our blogs (his blog at the moment is called Franeke)so that viewers can have a central location for DIY's, videos, race coverage, and more. Our RX-8's are setup very similar, but with subtle differences due to the motorsports we compete in. I believe that those differences are an attractive topic to cover on the blog. Be sure to look in previous posts for some of his content to be merged in with my own in the near future.

Andrey is an up and coming racer who shows a lot of potential in various fields, especially tuning. He is putting together his own turbo build on his RX-8, and wanted to share his experiences with the viewers. I know there is the RX-8 forums for that type of information, but I feel that the gain to posting on this blog is that it is completely raw material. Andrey can post what he encounters during his build, things he had to consider, anything that may have come up while driving a turbo RX-8 for the first time, tuning changes he had to make to ensure both performance and reliability, other thoughts backed with raw data, and much more.

I am looking forward to working with both of them to provide everyone with more content that you all love to see. Until then, stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to Japan a few months ago after many years of wanting to go... I was still unprepared for how great that place is. You'll have the time of your life.

Great blog btw, I'm a fellow 8 owner. Doing my first RallyX in a couple weeks.

Marc Monnar said...

Thanks Rob. I'm definitely looking forward to this trip, both as guidance and as a vacation.

Thanks for the kind words also. Good luck with the RallyX and keep in touch. Where abouts is it? I may just come and see the event if that's alright!

-Marc